This release of BigBlueButton 2.4 includes numerous fixes and stability improvements. The UX for Learning Dashboard has been significantly improved.
Note that it runs on Ubuntu Bionic (18.04) and HTML5 client runs on Node 12 (same as BigBlueButton 2.3).
BigBlueButton 2.4-dev is under active development. While we don’t recommend setting it up in a production environment, we do encourage administrators to try out the build with others and give us feedback on our bigbluebutton-dev mailing list.
Link to installation command / instructions/ schedule / planned features : https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.4/new.html
Special thanks to the community members who provided feedback to the earlier 2.4 releases!
This release includes all 2.3.x changes up to and including 2.3.11.
- fix: RTL language - external video, wrong position on client interface #12964
- fix: camera position does not update when sharing is stopped #12971
- fix: reduce cameraDock size when dragging #12930
- fix: screen sharing does not show up when presentation is hidden #12957
- fix: camera position when presentation is hidden - custom layout #12962
- fix: presentation position in focus on video layout #12981
- fix: viewing shared screen in full screen mode will break the interface when screen share closes #12972
- fix: poll menu button in actions bar #12985
- refactor: Linting some files #12950
- refactor: Update Dropdowns To Menus #12970 #12988
- refactor: Remove Menu Items Not Applicable For Dial-In-Users #12959
- test: fix tests name #12975
- test: adds Stress test #12958
- fix: Fix Aria Labels On Recording Button #12967
- fix: restore localeChanged event handle #12949
- fix: Fix pop-up blocking when joining a breakout room #12980
- fix: Fix first moderator to join not be marked as presenter is some cases #12974
- fix: Add Aria Descriptions To Audio Modal & Poll Panel #12968
- chore: Pulled partial locales 2.4 HTML5 on Aug 11, 2021 #12984
- fix: Remove legacy option for valid layouts #12963
- feat: Learning Dashboard: Layout improvements #12977 #12987
bbb-webrtc-sfu switched to a new tag in v2.6.x
In case an administrator does not want to update to the latest bionic-240 version, use as substitute to the
-v argument in bbb-install.sh command
We still recommend using
Client build: 2187
(we increased the build number so that 2.4 builds have higher number than 2.3 builds)