A bug fix release that marks the encoding of stdio objects used by the CLI as UTF-8, fixes a crash when the source highlighter is Rouge and the source language is not set, makes the register_for method on a SyntaxHighlighter implementation public, and allows the CLI to be used on any Ruby 2 version.* A few lines of unnecessary code were dropped for the Asciidoctor.js build to further reduce its size.
* Keep in mind Asciidoctor is only officially supported and tested on Ruby 2.3 or better.
Released on: 2019-04-01
Released by: @mojavelinux
Release beer: Transparently Trendy by Resolute Brewing
- fix crash when source highlighter is Rouge and source language is not set on block (#3223)
- update CLI and SyntaxHighlighter to allow Asciidoctor to load cleanly on Ruby 2.0 - 2.2
- CLI should use $stdin instead of STDIN to be consistent with the use of $stdout
- mark encoding of stdio objects used in CLI as UTF-8 (#3225)
- make Asciidoctor::SyntaxHighlighter::Config.register_for method public as documented