This version removes support for direct migration from versions before v8.1.0 (Doris)
See migration path for instructions how to migrate to a major version. Pay attention to the following version breaks due to dynamic settings updates:
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 3.9.x
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 4.x
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 5.14
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 6.7.1 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-6.7.1/)
- Migrate to Tasmota 7.2.0 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-7.2.0/)
--- Major change in parameter storage layout ---
- Migrate to Tasmota 8.5.1 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-8.5.1/)
--- Major change in internal GPIO function representation ---
- Migrate to Tasmota 9.1 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-9.1.0/)
While fallback or downgrading is common practice it was never supported due to Settings additions or changes in newer releases. Starting with release v9.1.0 Imogen the internal GPIO function representation has changed in such a way that fallback is only possible to the latest GPIO configuration before installing v9.1.0.
Supported Core versions
This release will be supported from ESP8266/Arduino library Core version 18.104.22.168 due to reported security and stability issues on previous Core version. This will also support gzipped binaries.
Support of Core versions before 2.7.1 has been removed.
Support of TLS
In addition to TLS using fingerprints now also user supplied CA certs and AWS IoT is supported. Read full documentation
Initial configuration tools
For initial configuration this release supports Webserver based WifiManager or Serial based command interface only. Support for WPS and SmartConfig has been removed.
Provided Binary Downloads
ESP8266 or ESP8285 based
The following binary downloads have been compiled with ESP8266/Arduino library core version 22.214.171.124.
- tasmota.bin = The Tasmota version with most drivers. RECOMMENDED RELEASE BINARY
- tasmota-BG.bin to tasmota-TW.bin = The Tasmota version in different languages.
- tasmota-lite.bin = The Lite version without most drivers and sensors.
- tasmota-knx.bin = The Knx version without some features but adds KNX support.
- tasmota-sensors.bin = The Sensors version adds more useful sensors.
- tasmota-ir.bin = The InfraRed Receiver and transmitter version allowing all available protocols provided by library IRremoteESP8266 but without most other features.
- tasmota-display.bin = The Display version without Energy Monitoring but adds display support.
- tasmota-zbbridge.bin = The dedicated Sonoff Zigbee Bridge version.
- tasmota-minimal.bin = The Minimal version allows intermediate OTA uploads to support larger versions and does NOT change any persistent parameter. This version should NOT be used for initial installation.
Above binaries are also available as gzipped version allowing faster uploads.
The attached binaries can also be downloaded from http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release. The links can be used for OTA upgrades too like
The following binary downloads have been compiled with ESP32/Arduino library core version 1.0.6.
- tasmota32.bin = The Tasmota version with most drivers including additional sensors and KNX. RECOMMENDED RELEASE BINARY
- tasmota32solo1.bin = The Tasmota version with most drivers including additional sensors and KNX for single core ESP32.
- tasmota32-BG.bin to tasmota32-TW.bin = The Tasmota version in different languages.
- tasmota32-ir.bin = The InfraRed Receiver and transmitter version allowing all available protocols provided by library IRremoteESP8266 but without most other features.
- tasmota32-display.bin = The Display version without Energy Monitoring but adds display support.
- tasmota32-webcam.bin = The Webcam version adds webcam support.
- tasmota32-bluetooth.bin = The Bluetooth version adds BLE support.
- tasmota32-odroidgo.bin = The Odroid-Go version is specifically tailored to Odroid_go hardware.
- tasmota32-core2.bin = The Core2 version is specifically tailored to M5Stack Core2 hardware.
The attached binaries can also be downloaded from http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota32/release. The links can be used for OTA upgrades too like
List of embedded modules.
Complete list of available feature and sensors.
Changelog v9.4.0 Leslie
Sensor80 1 <0..7>to control MFRC522 RFID antenna gain from 18dB (0) to 48dB (7) #11073
SerialBuffer 256..520to change hardware serial receive buffer size from default (256) to max local buffer size (520) #11448
SetOption126 1to enable DS18x20 arithmetic mean over teleperiod for JSON temperature based on #11472
Backlog0to allow execution of following commands without delay
TuyaTempSetRes 0..3to control Tuya Temperature Set Resolution #11781
Wifi 0/1for ESP8266 to turn wifi Off and On. When wifi is Off it is always returned On after a restart except for a wake-up from deepsleep #11839
MqttKeepAlive 1..100to set Mqtt Keep Alive timer (default 30) and
MqttTimeout 1..100to set Mqtt Socket Timeout (default 4) #5341
DisplayTypeto select sub-modules where implemented and
DisplayInvertto select inverted display where implemented
- Support for SML VBUS #11125
- Support for NEC and OPTOMA LCD/DLP Projector serial power control by Jan BubÃƒÂk #11145
- Support for XPT2046 touch screen digitizer on ILI9341 display by nonix #11159
- Support for zigbee lumi.sensor_wleak #11200
- Support for dummy energy monitor using user values set by commands
FrequencySet. Enable by selecting any GPIO as
- Support for CSE7761 energy monitor as used in ESP32 based Sonoff Dual R3 Pow #10793
- Support for Frequency monitoring and zero-cross detection on CSE7761 (Sonoff Dual R3)
- Support for TM1638 seven segment display by Ajith Vasudevan #11031
- Support for MAX7219 seven segment display by Ajith Vasudevan #11387
- Support for MPU6886 on primary or secondary I2C bus
- Support for multiple CCS811 sensors with baseline control (USE_CCS811_V2) by clanganke #10858
- Allow MCP230xx pinmode from output to input #11104
- Berry improvements #11163
- Extent compile time SetOptions support #11204
- Tasmota discovery as alternative to Home Assistant discovery using define
- Optional GUI file editor enabled with define
GUI_EDIT_FILEby barbudor #11668
- Initial support for universal display driver UDisplay by Gerhard Mutz. Enable by selecting any GPIO as
- ESP32 Extent BLE #11212
- ESP32 support for WS2812 hardware driver via RMT or I2S
- ESP32 support for secondary I2C controller
- ESP32 support for internal Hall Effect sensor connected to both GPIO36 and GPIO39 only
- ESP32 support for LVGL 7.11 with Berry binding by Stephan Hadinger #11789
- ESP32 partition layout changed to accomodate more file space on most and more code space on core2 and odroid-go #11746
- TasmotaSerial library from v3.2.0 to v3.3.0
- PubSubClient library from EspEasy v2.7.12 to Tasmota v2.8.12
- IRremoteESP8266 library from v2.7.15 to v2.7.16
- ESP32 core library from v1.0.5-rc6 to v1.0.6
- TuyaMcu dimmer timeout #11121
- Rename epaper 42 commands #11222
- DeepSleep announcement topic #11223
- Limit number of relay/button columns in GUI to 8 #11546
- ADC range result from int to float using command
FreqResfor decimal resolution selection #11545
- Removed overtemp detection on external energy monitoring devices #11628
- Redesigned initial GUI wifi configuration by Adrian Scillato #11693
- Redesigned GUI by moving non-configuration buttons from
Configurationto new submenu
- In tasmota-sensors.bin enabled support for VL53L0X and disabled TSL2561 #11711
- Add HLW8012/BL0937 average pulse calculation by Alex Lovett #11722
- Zigbee refactored storage for device configuration and device last known data #11838
- PN532 on ESP32 Serial flush both Tx and Rx buffers #10910
- Light scheme related color changes #11041
- Refactor acceleration function for shutter stepper and servo #11088
- LM75AD detection on different addresses #11096
- Timer loop when console is scrolled up regression from v9.3.0 #11108
- Display exception when no file system is present #11125
- Scripter and SML fixes #11150
- Zigbee exception when bad frame is received #11192
- ESP32 flash script for Odroid and Core2 #11227
- ESP32 WS2812 bitbang support #11248
- DS18x20 driver timing issue #11270
- Alexa discovery in hue emulation #11415
- HC-SR04 on ESP32 release serial interface if not used #11507
- Alexa discovery for ZBBridge #11576
- Telegram chat id incorrect size #11660
- KNX energy yesterday #11718
Powershould not reset pulsetime #11805
- Teleperiod rule handling regression from v126.96.36.199 #11851
- ESP32 single core tasmota32solo1.bin binary can only be uploaded using the GUI as OTA upload will trigger the watchdog timer