This version removes support for direct migration from versions before v8.1.0 (Doris)
See migration path for instructions how to migrate to a major version. Pay attention to the following version breaks due to dynamic settings updates:
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 3.9.x
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 4.x
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 5.14
- Migrate to Sonoff-Tasmota 6.7.1 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-6.7.1/)
- Migrate to Tasmota 7.2.0 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-7.2.0/)
--- Major change in parameter storage layout ---
- Migrate to Tasmota 8.5.1 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-8.5.1/)
--- Major change in internal GPIO function representation ---
- Migrate to Tasmota 9.1 (http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release-9.1.0/)
While fallback or downgrading is common practice it was never supported due to Settings additions or changes in newer releases. Starting with release v9.1.0 Imogen the internal GPIO function representation has changed in such a way that fallback is only possible to the latest GPIO configuration before installing v9.1.0.
Supported Core versions
This release will be supported from ESP8266/Arduino library Core version 22.214.171.124 due to reported security and stability issues on previous Core version. This will also support gzipped binaries.
Support of Core versions before 2.7.1 has been removed.
Support of TLS
In addition to TLS using fingerprints now also user supplied CA certs and AWS IoT is supported. Read full documentation
Initial configuration tools
For initial configuration this release supports Webserver based WifiManager or Serial based command interface only. Support for WPS and SmartConfig has been removed.
Provided Binary Downloads
ESP8266 or ESP8285 based
The following binary downloads have been compiled with ESP8266/Arduino library core version 126.96.36.199.
- tasmota.bin = The Tasmota version with most drivers. RECOMMENDED RELEASE BINARY
- tasmota-BG.bin to tasmota-TW.bin = The Tasmota version in different languages.
- tasmota-lite.bin = The Lite version without most drivers and sensors.
- tasmota-knx.bin = The Knx version without some features but adds KNX support.
- tasmota-sensors.bin = The Sensors version adds more useful sensors.
- tasmota-ir.bin = The InfraRed Receiver and transmitter version allowing all available protocols provided by library IRremoteESP8266 but without most other features.
- tasmota-display.bin = The Display version without Energy Monitoring but adds display support.
- tasmota-zbbridge.bin = The dedicated Sonoff Zigbee Bridge version.
- tasmota-minimal.bin = The Minimal version allows intermediate OTA uploads to support larger versions and does NOT change any persistent parameter. This version should NOT be used for initial installation.
Above binaries are also available as gzipped version allowing faster uploads.
The attached binaries can also be downloaded from http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release. The links can be used for OTA upgrades too like
The following binary downloads have been compiled with ESP32/Arduino library core version 1.0.5-rc6.
- tasmota32.bin = The Tasmota version with most drivers. RECOMMENDED RELEASE BINARY
- tasmota32-BG.bin to tasmota32-TW.bin = The Tasmota version in different languages.
- tasmota32-lite.bin = The Lite version without most drivers and sensors.
- tasmota32-knx.bin = The Knx version without some features but adds KNX support.
- tasmota32-sensors.bin = The Sensors version adds more useful sensors.
- tasmota32-ir.bin = The InfraRed Receiver and transmitter version allowing all available protocols provided by library IRremoteESP8266 but without most other features.
- tasmota32-display.bin = The Display version without Energy Monitoring but adds display support.
- tasmota32-webcam.bin = The Webcam version adds webcam support.
- tasmota32-bluetooth.bin = The Bluetooth version adds BLE support.
- tasmota32-odroidgo.bin = The Odroid-Go version is specifically tailored to Odroid_go hardware.
- tasmota32-core2.bin = The Core2 version is specifically tailored to M5Stack Core2 hardware.
The attached binaries can also be downloaded from http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota32/release. The links can be used for OTA upgrades too like
List of embedded modules.
Complete list of available feature and sensors.
Changelog v9.3.1 Kenneth
- Animate PWM dimmer brightness LEDs during transitions and with variable brightness #11076
- Remove the need to start filenames with a slash (/) in Ufs commands
- Removed command
VirtualCTas synonym for
- Web request accepts wrong password #11039
- Ili1942 driver #11046
- ESP32 Mi32 driver #11048
- Shutter driver #11055
- TM1637 driver now needs
TM1637 DIOto enable #11057
- Sml driver #11082
- Ezo drivers #11083
Changelog v9.3.0 Kenneth
CTRangeto specify the visible CT range the bulb is capable of #10311
L1MusicSync <0|Off>|<1|On>|<2|Toggle>, 1..10, 1..100>to control Sonoff L1 Music Sync mode sensitivity and speed #10722
RuleTimer0to access all RuleTimers at once #10352
Speed2to control a once off fade #10741
VirtualCTto simulate or fine tune CT bulbs with 3,4,5 channels #10311
SetOption40 0..250to disable button functionality if activated for over 0.1 second re-introduced
SetOption43 1..255to control Rotary step #10407
SetOption118 1to move ZbReceived from JSON message and into the subtopic replacing "SENSOR" default #10353
SetOption119 1to remove the device addr from json payload, can be used with zb_topic_fname where the addr is already known from the topic #10355
- Zigbee command
ZbEndpointTopic 1to add the zigbee endpoint as suffix in topic when using
- Zigbee command
ZbScanto do an energy scan on each radio channel
VirtualCTas synonyms for
SetOption37, 68, 82, 91, 92, 105and
ZbNameTopicas synonyms for
SetOption83, 89, 100, 101, 110and
ZbOmitDeviceas synonyms for
BuzzerPwmas synonyms for
- Filesystem commands
- Support for filesystem
autoexec.batto execute sequential commands like backlog
- Milliseconds to console output #10152
Option_a1enabling PWM2 high impedance if powered off as used by Wyze bulbs #10196
- Rotary No Pullup GPIO selection
- BSSID and Signal Strength Indicator to GUI wifi scan result #10253
- Support for P9813 RGB Led MOSFET controller #10104
- Support for GPIO option selection
- Support for FTC532 8-button touch controller by Peter Franck #10222
- Support for BS814A-2 8-button touch buttons by Peter Franck #10447
- Support for up to 4 I2C SEESAW_SOIL Capacitance & Temperature sensors by Peter Franck #10481
- Support for TOF10120 time of flight sensor by Cyril Pawelko #10190
- Support for Afrikaans language translations by Christiaan Heerze
- Support for Frysk language translations by Christiaan Heerze
- Support for IR inverted leds using
#define IR_SEND_INVERTED true#10301
- Support for disabling 38kHz IR modulation using
#define IR_SEND_USE_MODULATION false#10301
- Support for SPI display driver for ST7789 TFT by Gerhard Mutz #9037
- Support for TM1637 seven segment display by Ajith Vasudevan #10889
- Support for time proportioned (
#define USE_TIMEPROP) and optional PID (
#define USE_PID) relay control #10412
- Support for 24/26/32/34 bit RFID Wiegand interface (D0/D1) by Sigurd Leuther #3647
- Support for SM2135 current selection using GPIO
SM2135 DATindex #10634
- Support for Sugar Valley NeoPool Controller by Norbert Richter #10637
- Support for Device Groups Device Map #10898
- Support for Eastron SDM72D-M three phase 100A Modbus energy meter #10862
- Support for ESP32
Module 3Odroid Go 16MB binary tasmota32-odroidgo.bin #8630
- Support for ESP32
Module 5Wireless Tag Eth01 #9496
- Support for ESP32
Module 7M5stack core2 16MB binary tasmota32-core2.bin #10635
- Support for Berry language on ESP32
- Support rotary encoder on Shelly Dimmer #10407
- Support character
#to be replaced by
space-character in command
- Support trailing silence in buzzer tune #10694
- Rule trigger string comparisons for EndsWith
- SPI display driver SSD1331 Color oled by Jeroen Vermeulen #10376
- Compile time option
USE_MQTT_TLS_DROP_OLD_FINGERPRINTto drop old (less secure) TLS fingerprint
- ESP8266 Fallback to
*.bin.gzbinary when OTA upload of
- ESP32 switch from default SPIFFS to default LittleFS file system loosing current (zigbee) files
- Replaced MFRC522 13.56MHz rfid card reader GPIO selection from
- Replaced NRF24L01 GPIO selection from
- Replaced ILI9341 GPIO selection from
- Replaced ST7789 GPIO selection from
- Replaced ILI9488 GPIO selection from
- Replaced EPaper29 GPIO selection from
- Replaced EPaper42 GPIO selection from
- Replaced SSD1351 GPIO selection from
- Replaced RA8876 GPIO selection from