This is the first beta release for the upcoming release 1.5. It features two new features — AutoCorrect and Magic Quotes, which were demanded for a long time, so we are happy to finally deliver these features! Apart from that, 1.5 again includes numerous bug fixes and improvements on every aspect of the app.
As always, we'd like to encourage you to support the development over at Patreon or PayPal!
GUI and Functionality
- New Feature: AutoCorrect! Zettlr can now automatically replace certain characters with special symbols. For instance, by default it will replace
≠or perform certain default replacements, such as transforming hyphens and fullstops with their typographically correct symbols (
–). You can edit the replacement table in the preferences and adapt them to your own needs. Please note that this feature will only be active when you are outside of codeblocks. This is meant to prevent unintended replacements, especially with certain languages such as R, where ASCII arrows are part of assignment operations.
- New Feature: Magic Quotes! Together with AutoCorrect, we've implemented the ability of Zettlr to use magic quotes. That means, whenever you type
"(double quote) or
'(single quote), it will instead insert the typographically correct characters of your choice, for instance
„…“for German, or
« … »for French. Even
「…」for Japanese are supported! Please note that this feature will only be active when you are outside of codeblocks. This is meant to prevent unintended replacements, as most languages require the ASCII quotes. Note also that having this feature active will deactivate the automatic bracket matching for quotes.
- YAML Frontmatters now receive the correct syntax highlighting.
- Codeblocks are now excluded from both tag extraction and ID search algorithms, so for example
#include(used in C++ code) will no longer be recognised as a tag.
- Fixed a bug that would ignore the page size set in your PDF preferences when using the default template.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from moving files and folders in combined sidebar mode.
- Fixed the broken footnote in-place preview and editing support when using named references.
- Improved the design of wrongly spelled words — now the dotted line is closer to the actual words.
Alt-clicking files in the combined sidebar mode. Now this will also open QuickLooks.
- Added the shortcuts
Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+Eto focus the editor and
Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+Tto focus the file list.
- On macOS, you can now also
Cmd-Clicklinks and tags to open/follow them.
- Added the variable
%uuid4to use Universally Unique Identifiers version 4 (random UUID) within certain strings in the app.
- Improve "Copy as HTML" to also provide fallback Markdown.
- Fixed paste detection (if there's only HTML in the clipboard)
- Changed the Support-link to link to Patreon.
Under the Hood
- Switched to Electron 7.
- Added v8 code caching for better startup performance.