It's release day again. We've moved the long descriptions to the release notes section of the website, so head over to our blog post for this release to read the written introduction to Zettlr's new features!
GUI and functionality
- Import functionality: Now you can import from nearly all file types pandoc supports into Zettlr. Simply select the desired target directory and select File -> Import files!
- Added a lot of exporting options. More are still to come!
- Export Markdown files as reveal.js presentations: From 0.19.0 on, Zettlr will support the export of reveal.js-presentations. Also, there's theme support built in!
- If you insert a footnote, the cursor is not moved throughout the document so that the writing flow is more immersive.
- The text field used to edit a footnote reference text is now automatically focused.
- The editor will now directly mute lines when in full screen as soon as you change the preference setting for this. You don't have to move the cursor anymore for this.
- Fixed a bug that showed a dedicated file menu when right-clicking directory ribbons and then threw errors if you clicked on anything in the menu.
- Fixed the strange behaviour of Zettlr telling you there are no suggestions for a word, although you did not right-click a wrongly spelled word.
- Inline links rendered inside headers are now always the correct size.
- Email-addresses are now correctly identified and will be rendered as clickable links as well. If you
Alt-click on them, they will open the default email option (i.e. they are the same as clicking on any website's email addresses).
- Fixes to the project feature.
- Made the dictionaries finally independent from the four default translations.
- Added about 70 languages to the four default translations. This means: If you now include a custom dictionary or a custom translation, chances are high that it will be detected and translated automatically!
- Added a bunch of dictionaries that now come shipped with the app.
- Finally found & fixed the bug that kept detecting whole swathes of text as links and inserted them on link insert or didn't detect any link at all.
- Transferred the download page in the updater to the new download landing page at zettlr.com/download.
- Clicking on marked tags in the preview list will now trigger a search for these tags.
- Added support for
TeX-files. So in case you want to export something to PDF, you can add custom
LaTeXstatements in their respective file to amend the styling Zettlr applies.
- You can now rest assured that on export of projects with nested files all images, even relative ones, will successfully be rendered in your PDF output.
- Changes to the HTML exporting template. Now, images should always fit on screen.
- You can now create
LaTeXfiles by using the extension
.texwhen creating new files.
- Better Pomodoro counter.
Under the hood
- Changes to the
- Changes to the
- Changes to the
- Changed the event type the editor is listening to when you finished editing a footnote from
- Moved the inline and block element rendering functions to their own commands to reduce the file size of
- Fixed the task recognition regex to prevent ugly errors logged to the console if you entered on an empty line a task list item directly followed by braces (such as
- [ ](some text)).
- Additional security checks while building the context menu.
- Amended the regex for rendering links. Also provided a callback option for CodeMirror to be able to port the plugin fully externally and integrate it into other instances.
ZettlrImportclass for handling file imports.
- Removed the unnecessary PDF exporting LaTeX template from the pandoc directory.
- Added another newline character when gluing Markdown files together on project exports.
- Fixed a bug that would not read in a saved project config on restart.
- Huge changes to the selection and retrieval of dictionaries for the spellchecking algorithm.
- Made the regular expression detecting links in the clipboard non-global and limited it to only detecting single links in the clipboard.
- The download page will now count all updates by users to keep track of how many users are using the app (only the click is counted, no personal information is collected). To avoid detection of you updating, simply visit zettlr.com/download manually.
ZettlrRendererby a function to programmatically trigger global searches.
.texto the list of supported file types. Added a mode switch to
- Small fix to the toolbar CSS for not having a hover effect on the Pomodoro button in dark mode.
- Change to the
less.jsscript. It now minimises the CSS output to further optimise the styling.
- Spell checking is now off by default in fresh installations to speed up the first start.
- Amendments to
ZettlrExportto ensure relative image paths are accurately converted into absolute ones on exporting them.
- Streamlined setting the
Zettlrwindow::setTitle()is now deprecated.