v1.4.1 is a maintenance release. we have merged some primary updates to it from go-etherem, and some optimizations were also applied.
- Synchronised updates of features previous go-ethereum 1.10.3
- Pre-adaptation of EIP-2718 and EIP-2930 in the code in preparation for enabling and supporting EIP-1559 in the next release
- Support for enabling the new snapshot mechanism, which supports O(1) access to state during EVM execution
- Added a way to remove old state from the database by rebuilding the database from a stored snapshot
- Instead of getting the version from state, judging each historical upgrades is now by
- For private chains, update the
chainconfiginto db after re-reading
genesis.jsoneach time you startup
- To make inter-chain operations easier,
hrpis no longer checked when validating bech32 addresses
This version is a minor version upgrade. each node can choose to upgrade according to its own situation.