New profile settings
The new "Profiles" settings tab unifies all profile types in a single settings UI:
- Groups, hotkeys, colors, tab icons, title settings and login scripts are now available for all profile types:
- ⚠️ You'll have to re-select your default profile and re-set profile hotkeys if you had any.
- The "Built-in" profiles (every standard shell and serial port) can be optionally hidden if you're only using your own custom profiles.
- The profile selector now shows all profiles, but there are still separate hotkeys to show SSH, serial and telnet profile selectors.
- You can omit the baud rate for serial profiles if you want Tabby to ask for baud rate every time when opening a serial tab.
- Added automatic Developer Tools for Visual Studio profiles on Windows.
Socket / Telnet client
- Added a plain socket ("Telnet") profile type. Telnet profiles have the same input modes as serial profiles, and default to a readline input (same as
- Updated the connection toolbar design - the toolbar is now pinnable and is easier to discover.
%COMSPEC%on Windows is now optional and off by default.