Release on: 2020-07-16
- Please refer to the 7.21.0 tag on integrations-core for the list of changes on the Core Checks
- APM: The maximum allowed payload size by the agent was increased
from 10MB to 50MB. This could result in traffic increases for users
which were affected by this issue.
- APM: The maximum connection limit over a 30s period was removed.
This can result in an increase of tracing data for users that were
affected by this limitation.
- Add support of new DatadogMetric CRD in DCA. Allows to autoscale
based on any valid Datadog query.
- Add packages scripts for dogstatsd that have the same features as
the agent: create symlink for binary, create dd-agent user and
group, setup the service and cleanup those when uninstalling.
- Adds OOM Kill probe to ebpf package and corresponding corecheck to
- The Datadog IoT Agent is now available for 32 bit ARM architecture
- Add Compliance agent in Cluster Agent to monitor Kubernetes objects
- Add docker.cpu.limit and containerd.cpu.limit metrics, reporting
maximum cpu time (hz or ns) available for each container based on
their limits. (Only supported on Linux)
- Addition of a gRPC server and a hostname resolution endpoint,
including a grpc-gateway that exposes said endpoint as a REST
- Adding a 'log_format_rfc3339' option to use the RFC3339 format for
the log time.
- Compliance Agent implementing scheduling of compliance checks for
Docker and Kubernetes benchmarks.
- Expose agent's sql obfuscation to python checks via new
- Support installing non-core integrations with the
command, such as those located in the
- The Agent
statuscommand now includes the flavor of the Agent that
- The Agent GUI now includes the flavor of the Agent that is running.
- Adds Tagger information to Datadog Agent flare for support
- Add a static collector in the tagger package for tags that do not
change after pod start (such as those from an environment variable).
autodiscovery_subnetto available SNMP template extra configs
- When enabling collect_ec2_tags or collect_gce_tags option,
EC2/GCE tags are now cached to avoid missing tags when user exceed
his AWS/GCE quotas.
- Chocolatey package can be installed on Domain Controller
- The Agent now collects the Availability Zone a Fargate Task (using
platform version 1.4 or later) is running in as an
- Enabled the collection of the init-containers by bumping the
agent-payload dep. and collecting the init-containers.
- The Agent now collects recommended "app.kubernetes.io" Kubernetes
labels as tags by default, and exposes them under a "kube_app"
- Docker and Containerd checks now support filtering containers by
- Add support for sampling to distribution metrics
- Flare now includes the permission information for parents of config
and log file directories.
- Collect processes namespaced PID.
- You can now enable or disable the dogstatsd-stats troubleshooting
feature at runtime using the
config set dogstatsd_statscommand of
- API Keys are now sanitized for logs_config and
- Upgrade gosnmp to support more authentication and privacy protocols
for v3 connections.
- Use the standard tag 'service' as a log collection attribute for
container's logs collected from both kubernetes and docker log
- agent check returns non zero exit code when trace malloc is enabled
(tracemalloc_debug: true) when using python 2
- Added the checksum type to the checksum key itself, as it is
deprecated to have a separate checksum_type key.
lowercase_device_tagoption to the system
iocore check on
Windows. When enabled, sends metrics with a lowercased
which is consistent with the
system.io.*metrics of Agent v5 and
system.disk.*metrics of all Agent versions.
Fix missing values from cluster-agent status command.
device_nametag in iostats_pdh
Fixes an issue where DD_TAGS were not applied to EKS Fargate pods
freetdslinux dep needed for SQL Server to run in Docker
APM : Fix parsing of non-ASCII numerals in the SQL obfuscator.
Previously unicode characters for which unicode.IsDigit returns true
could cause a hang in the SQL obfuscator
APM: correctly obfuscate AUTH command.
Dogstatsd standalone: when running on a systemd-based system, do not
stop Dogstatsd when journald is stopped or restarted.
Fix missing logs and metrics for docker-labels based autodiscovery
configs after container restart.
Fix bugs introduced in 7.20.0/6.20.0 in the Agent 5 configuration
import command: the command would not import some Agent config
api_key, and would write some Docker &
Kubernetes config settings to wrongly-located files.
Fixes tag extraction from Kubernetes pod labels when using patterns
on certain non-alphanumeric label names (e.g.
Fixes the /ready health endpoint on the cluster-agent.
The /ready health endpoint was reporting 200 at the cluster-agent
startup and was then, permanently reporting 500 even though the
cluster-agent was experiencing no problem. In the body of the
response, we could see that a healthcheck component was failing.
This change fixes this issue.
This fix aims to cover the case when the agent is running inside GKE
with workload identity enabled. If workload identity is enabled,
access to /instance/name is forbidden, resulting into an empty host
Fix hostname resolution issue preventing the Process and APM agents
from picking up a valid hostname on some containerized environments
Fix a bug which causes certain configuration options to be ignored
process-agentin the presence of a
Process agent and system probe now correctly accept multiple API
keys per endpoint.
device_nametag is not used anymore to populate the
field of a series. Only the
devicetag is considered.
Fixes problem on Windows where ddagentuser home directory is left
Revert upgrade of GoSNMP and addition of extra authentication
Add support for examining processes inside Docker containers running
under systemd cgroups. This also reduces agent logging volume as
it's able to capture those statistics going forward.
APM: The agent now exits with code 0 when the API key is not
specified. This is so to prevent the Windows SCM from restarting the
- All Agents binaries are now compiled with Go
- In Debug mode, DogStatsD log a warning message when a burst of
metrics is detected.
- JMXFetch upgraded to
- JQuery, used in the web-based agent GUI, has been upgraded to 3.5.1