Release on: 2020-06-09
- Please refer to the 7.20.0 tag on integrations-core for the list of changes on the Core Checks
- Pod and container tags autodiscovered via pod annotations now support multiple values for the same key.
- Install script creates
- Agent detects
install_inforeport and sends it through Host metadata
- Adding logic to get standard
servicetag from Pod Metadata Labels.
- APM: A new endpoint was added which helps augment and forward profiles to Datadog's intake.
- APM: Information about APM is now included in the agent's status output (both in the GUI and in the 'agent status' command).
- Introducing the 'cloud_provider_metadata' option in the Agent configuration to restrict which cloud provider metadata endpoints will be queried.
- Add collector for Garden containers running applications in CloudFoundry environment to view them in the live container list and container map.
- JMXFetch (helper for JMX checks) is now restarted if it crashes on Windows.
- Add scaffold for security/compliance agent CLI.
container_include_metricscan be used to filter metrics collection for autodiscovered containers.
container_include_logscan be used to filter logs collection for autodiscovered containers.
- Support SNMP autodiscovery via a new configuration listener, with new template variables.
- Support Tencent Cloud provider.
- When installing the Agent using Chocolatey, information about the installation is saved for diagnostic and telemetry purposes.
- The Agent's flare now includes information about the method used to install the Agent.
- Ignore AKS pause containers hosted in the aksrepos.azurecr.io container registry.
- On Linux and MacOS, add a new
device_nametag on IOstats and disk checks.
- Windows installer can use the command line key
HOSTNAME_FQDN_ENABLEDto set the config value of
- Add missing
device_nametags on docker, containerd and network checks. Make series manage
- Support custom tagging of docker container data via an autodiscovery "tags" label key.
- Improved performances in metric aggregation logic. Use 64 bits context keys instead of 128 bits in order to benefit from better performances using them as map keys (fast path methods) + better performances while computing the hash thanks to inlining.
- Count of DNS responses with error codes are tracked for each connection.
- Latency of successful and failed DNS queries are tracked for each connection. Queries that time out are also tracked separately.
- Enrich dogstatsd metrics with task_arn tag if DD_DOGSTATSD_TAG_CARDINALITY=orchestrator.
- More pause containers from
mcrare excluded automatically by the Agent.
- Improve cluster name auto-detection on Azure AKS.
- APM: Improve connection reuse with HTTP keep-alive in trace agent.
- Increase default timeout to collect metadata from GCE endpoint.
- Use insertion sort in the aggregator context keys generator as it provides better performances than the selection sort. In cases where the insertion sort was already used, improved its threshold selecting between it and Go stdlib sort.
- Expose distinct endpoints for liveness and readiness probes.
- The liveness probe (
/live) fails in case of unrecoverable error that deserve an agent restart. (Ex.: goroutine deadlock or premature exit)
- The readiness probe (
/ready) fails in case of recoverable errors or errors for which an agent restart would be more nasty than useful (Ex.: the forwarder fails to connect to DataDog)
- The liveness probe (
- Exclude automatically pause containers for OpenShift, EKS and AKS Windows
ecs_cluster_nametags in addition to
cluster_name. Add the possibility to stop sending the
cluster_nametag using the parameter
disable_cluster_name_tag_keyin Agent config. The Agent keeps sending
kube_cluster_nameand ecs_cluster_name tags regardless of disable_cluster_name_tag_key.
- Configure additional process and orchestrator endpoints by environment variable.
- The process agent can be canfigured to collect containers from multiple sources (e.g kubelet and docker simultaneously).
- Upgrading the embedded Python 2 to the latest, and final, 2.7.18 release.
- Improve performance of system-probe conntracker.
- Throttle netlink socket on workloads with high connection churn.
ac_includewill keep being supported but the Agent ignores them in favor of
container_includeif they're defined.
- APM: Fix a small programming error causing the "superfluous response.WriteHeader call" warning.
- Fixes missing container stats in ECS Fargate 1.4.0.
- Ensure Python checks are always garbage-collected after they're unscheduled by AutoDiscovery.
- Fix for autodiscovered checks not being rescheduled after container restart.
- On Windows, fix calculation of the
- Fix a bug in the file tailer on Windows where the log-agent would
keep a lock on the file preventing users from renaming the it.
- Upgrade embedded ntplib to
- JMXFetch upgraded to 0.36.2
- Rebranded puppy agent as iot-agent.