See the Migration Document for more information.
- Converted to ECMAScript 6
- Removed SameTimeRequestRule and PendingRequestRule
- Simplified the scheduling and buffering logic.
- Added many new API calls.
- Externalized Protection.
- #1115 DOMStoarge Last Bitrate Broken
- #1110 BufferTarget is not correct with regards to live delay and live streams
- #1104 Fix utf-8 encode fragment text
- #1094 SegmentTimeline does not always autoStart properly in Chrome
- #1056 Live segmenttemplate streams failing on Chrome/FF/E with 2.0
- #1054 Multiple calls to EventController.start without EventController.reset/.clear causes uncaught TypeError
- #1045 Live simulator with SegmentTimeline doesn't start to play in 2.0
- #1040 Time Text fails to add track in Firefox
- #1037 dash.js player fails to load mpd after "DOMStorage is supported, but cannot be used" warning
- #1027 Playing when autoplay is false does not work
- #1022 Rename classes with "Extensions" in name
- #1019 Refactor MediaElement Controls VideoModel -> PlaybackController
- #1018 Preview while seeking in a paused state.
- #1014 Fix intermittently failing unit test
- #1001 Add JSDocs to new API in 2.0 Documentation
- #1000 Stream fails when live delay is set to 0 or 1 fragment with 2 second segments
- #984 Exception when resuming fragmentedText rendering
- #976 Several pieces of content fail to play under Firefox for various reasons
- #974 reset() has weird behavior
- #927 detachMediaSource causes misleading MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED error
- #973 Some API methods don't work before play
- MultiPeriod content fails and will be fixed in 2.1 #1033
- .attachTTMLRenderingDiv(TTMLRenderingDiv) fail in Firefox #1164
- Intermittent live stream failure with Media Decode Errors
- Streams using high profile codecs may not play properly.
- Only streams with segmentAlignment='true' will work with abr.
- You can find a complete list of open issues marked for milestone 2.1 here.