- Fully Integrated Box Parser (For extracting items like EMSG)
- Multiple Video Adaptation Support
- Multiple Audio Adaptation Support
- Multiple Text Adaptation Support
- Richly styled TTML subtitling (almost complete EBU-TT-D)
- Support for Safari and Firefox
- Multiperiod DRM/EME Protection
- Buffer Pruning/Seeking
- HTTP Metric Improvements
- DRM/EME JSDocs.
- Improved support for app-specific DRM license servers
- xLink onload
- Cross Browser
- Live edge detection.
- HTTPS Timeserver calls
New Contribution Akamai Control Bar:
- Simple yet styleable video control bar that is very easy to use.
- Includes a caption menu for multiple selections. It allows displaying time and duration (relative OR UTC).
- Will work with Live DVR Window seeking (timeShiftBufferDepth).
- Built to work only with players using Dash.js!
- Drop into a page with just two lines of code, one css/js include and some HTML.
- Firefox: Rich TTML subtitling is not working
- IE: Rich TTML subtitling is not working in full-screen (not enabled at all in reference player)
- Edge: Rich TTML subtitling does not work unless one turns on the IE11 flag.
- Control Bar: IE Fullscreen does not show control bar.
- Typo in control bar css file name contolbar.css should be controlbar.css.
- cnd.dashif.org HTTPS certificate deployment is underway.