🎆🎁Happy Holidays from the Loki team!🎁🎆
Please enjoy Loki 2.1.0 to welcome in the New Year!
This release contains a number of fixes, performance improvements and enhancements to the 2.0.0 release!
Helm users read this!
The Helm charts have moved!
- 2720 torstenwalter: Deprecate Charts as they have been moved
This was done to consolidate Grafana's helm charts for all Grafana projects in one place: https://github.com/grafana/helm-charts/
From now moving forward, please use the new Helm repo url: https://grafana.github.io/helm-charts
The charts in the Loki repo will soon be removed so please update your Helm repo to the new URL and submit your PR's over there as well
Also go check out the microservices helm chart contributed by @unguiculus in the new repo!
Fluent bit plugin users read this!
Fluent bit officially supports Loki as an output plugin now! WoooHOOO!
However this created a naming conflict with our existing output plugin (the new native output uses the name
loki) so we have renamed our plugin.
- 2974 hedss: fluent-bit: Rename Fluent Bit plugin output name.
In time our plan is to deprecate and eliminate our output plugin in favor of the native Loki support. However until then you can continue using the plugin with the following change:
[Output] Name loki
[Output] Name grafana-loki
A lot of work went into 2.0 with a lot of new code and rewrites to existing, this introduced and uncovered some bugs which are fixed in 2.1:
- 2807 cyriltovena: Fix error swallowed in the frontend.
- 2805 cyriltovena: Improve pipeline stages ast errors.
- 2824 owen-d: Fix/validate compactor config
- 2830 sandeepsukhani: fix panic in ingester when not running with boltdb shipper while queriers does
- 2850 owen-d: Only applies entry limits to non-SampleExprs.
- 2855 sandeepsukhani: fix query intervals when running boltdb-shipper in single binary
- 2895 shokada: Fix error 'Unexpected: ("$", "$") while parsing field definition'
- 2902 cyriltovena: Fixes metric query issue with no grouping.
- 2901 cyriltovena: Fixes a panic with the logql.NoopPipeline.
- 2913 cyriltovena: Fixes logql.QueryType.
- 2917 cyriltovena: Fixes race condition in tailer since logql v2.
- 2960 sandeepsukhani: fix table deletion in table client for boltdb-shipper
A number of performance and resource improvements have been made as well!
- 2911 sandeepsukhani: Boltdb shipper query readiness
- 2875 cyriltovena: Labels computation LogQLv2
- 2927 cyriltovena: Improve logql parser allocations.
- 2926 cyriltovena: Cache label strings in ingester to improve memory usage.
- 2931 cyriltovena: Only append tailed entries if needed.
- 2973 cyriltovena: Avoid parsing labels when tailer is sending from a stream.
- 2959 cyriltovena: Improve tailer matcher function.
- 2876 jkellerer: LogQL: Add unwrap bytes() conversion function
Thanks to @timbyr for adding an often requested feature, the ability to support environment variable expansion in config files!
- 2837 timbyr: Configuration: Support environment expansion in configuration
Thanks to @huikang for adding a new docker-compose file for running Loki as microservices!
- 2740 huikang: Deploy: add docker-compose cluster deployment file
For a full list of changes, please checkout the CHANGELOG
The components of Loki are currently distributed in plain binary form and as Docker container images. Choose what fits your use-case best.
$ docker pull "grafana/loki:2.1.0" $ docker pull "grafana/promtail:2.1.0"
We provide pre-compiled binary executables for the most common operating systems and architectures.
Choose from the assets below for the application and architecture matching your system.
Loki on the
linux operating system and
$ curl -O -L "https://github.com/grafana/loki/releases/download/v2.1.0/loki-linux-amd64.zip" # extract the binary $ unzip "loki-linux-amd64.zip" # make sure it is executable $ chmod a+x "loki-linux-amd64"