NewReleases can send notifications directly to your Microsoft Teams channel or even multiple channels.
The integration is done using Microsoft Teams Webhooks which require an Office 365 subscription. You would need to generate a new Webhook and add it to NewReleases on Microsoft Teams settings page.
How to turn it on?
- In the settings dropdown menu of the channel where you want to receive notifications, choose Connectors option. Channel settings can be found by clicking on three dots on the right from the channel name.
- Locate and select the Incoming Webhook connector in the list of available connectors.
- Configure Webhook by giving it desired name and uploading the NewReleases avatar https://newreleases.io/microsoft-teams-avatar.png.
- Create the Webhook and copy the URL that is displayed. Choose Done.
- Open NewReleases Microsoft Teams settings page
- Enter the webhook name, paste the URL that you just copied and click Add Webhook button
NewReleases will send messages only about new releases of the project that you configured with Microsoft Teams notifications, a message when you enable the integration and one on integration removal. No other type of messages will be sent.
By using a webhook integration, NewReleases is unable to access the content to channel's content which ensures complete privacy.
The proper way to remove Microsoft Teams integration is from the same Settings page where you have enabled it. It is possible to enable and disable NewReleases Microsoft Teams integration unlimited number of times for any channel that you want.
If you encounter any problems, please contact us using the contact page. We will respond as soon as possible, up to one working day, but usually much sooner.